Eucalyptus essential oil is known for its ability to aid in the release of stiff and sore muscles, therefore when combined with the high magnesium content of the Epsom salt it makes for a wonderful body scrub option after a seriously hard training session. This body scrub can be used in both the shower and the bath, but if you are using it especially for its muscle relaxing properties then it will be best used in conjunction with a long hot soak in the bath. Due to the positive effects that eucalyptus essential oil has on the respiratory system, this body scrub can also be used while recovering from an infection respiratory system; and will also be very helpful as a facial exfoliator in this instance, particularly around the nose and sinus areas of the face.
- 1 Cup (250ml) Epsom Salt
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) Eucalyptus essential oil
- Place the Epsom salt and the eucalyptus essential oil into a mixing bowl that you have set aside for use with non-food items
- Mix the Epsom salt and the eucalyptus essential oil together
- To use this body scrub on your body, take a handful of body scrub and rub over damp skin while in the shower. Make sure that you rinse all the body scrub off of your skin thoroughly before continuing with your usual body cleansing routine.
- To use the body scrub as a facial exfoliator, take a golf ball sized amount of the body scrub and warm it up by rubbing it between the palms of your hands. Rub the now warmed-up body scrub over your face and neck, extending down to your décolletage. Make sure you have rinsed all the body scrub off of your face thoroughly before continuing with your usual facial cleansing and moisturizing routine.
- This body scrub can be stored in a recycled glass jar and used as and when desired.