Honey is another of those super food ingredients that has been used for medicinal purposes for centuries, particularly within the Chinese culture, and it is renowned and celebrated for its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. The naturally occurring ingredient found in honey called populous is known for its cleansing properties which are the reason why honey is an ingredient in so many cleansing products. Ginger is well known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties as well. The combination of honey and ginger provides a good dose of age fighting anti-oxidants to this facial mask. By using coconut oil as a base for this recipe you are providing your skin with a moisturizing mask that is both anti-aging and deep cleansing at the same time, making this facial mask a wonderful addition to any make-up removing beauty routine.
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) Extra virgin coconut oil, preferably in its solid state
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Raw organic honey
- ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) Fresh ginger root, finely grated
- Place the coconut oil, honey and ginger into a mixing bowl and mix well
- Cleanse your face and neck by means of your usual cleansing routine
- Apply the honey, ginger and coconut oil facial mask to your face and neck, extending down to your décolletage.
- Leave the mask on for approximately fifteen minutes
- Gently remove the mask by wiping away at it with a dampened cotton wool pad
- Follow with your usual cleansing and moisturizing routine.