Pomegranates are another super fruit that has become widely known and celebrated for their incredibly high anti-oxidant and anti-aging properties and benefits, so much so that there are many schools of thought who refer to the pomegranate tree as the tree of life. There are a number of commercial cosmetic manufacturers that have begun including pomegranate as an ingredient in their skin care products due to these facts. Olive oil is another super food ingredient that is known in the culinary world for its high content of heart-healthy and cholesterol fighting benefits, however it also has a number of benefits for the skin by both consuming it and applying it topically; olive oil is a wonderful natural moisturizer and will help hydrate the skin without leaving an oily residue. This mask is a wonderful option when looking at fighting the signs of aging.
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Fresh organic pure pomegranate juice
- Place the extra virgin olive oil and pomegranate juice into a mixing bowl and mix well
- Cleanse your face and neck by means of your usual cleansing routine
- Apply the olive oil and pomegranate juice facial mask to your face and neck, extending down to your d?colletage. You may need to use a brush such as a foundation brush or a pastry brush in order to efficiently apply this mask to your skin.
- Leave the mask on for approximately fifteen minutes
- Gently remove the mask by wiping away at it with a dampened cotton wool pad
- Follow with your usual cleansing and moisturizing routine.